Altera FPGAs vs transducers AC/CA manufactured by Nationa

Discussions related to Altera (in the process of being bought by Intel, as of August 2015).

Altera FPGAs vs transducers AC/CA manufactured by Nationa

Postby Adam » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:42 am

I think it's very interesting how chaotic oscillations can be measured using FPGAs.
But I met with simpler solutions, for example by means of transducers AC / CA manufactured by National Instruments, which also allow you to extract signals from Matlab / Simulink.
So I have a question: What FPGAs in the analysis of chaotic oscillations are better than converters AC / CA?
Adam

Re: Altera FPGAs vs transducers AC/CA manufactured by Natio

Postby mbharat_test » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Adam wrote:I think it's very interesting how chaotic oscillations can be measured using FPGAs.
But I met with simpler solutions, for example by means of transducers AC / CA manufactured by National Instruments, which also allow you to extract signals from Matlab / Simulink.
So I have a question: What FPGAs in the analysis of chaotic oscillations are better than converters AC / CA?

Adam: if I understand your question correctly, you are asking about the differences in using a LabVIEW based platform as opposed to a "barebones" FPGA. The advantages are that in using LabVIEW, we introduce an extra layer of abstraction in utilizing the FPGA. This is unnecessary and usually also leads to increased complexity.
Dr. Bharathwaj Muthuswamy
Software Engineer
Tarana Wireless
mbharat_test

Return to Altera FPGAs and Boards