the application of memristor engineering

Discuss applications of chaos and nonlinear dynamics in general.

the application of memristor engineering

Postby Adam » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:59 pm

How to make the position of experimental testing memristor, how to make sense of the practical application?
I've already tested the oscillator - Chua in Matlab/Simulink.
I read that in most books write about Chua system as a generator of chaos, but do not write too much about destiny in engineering.
I read about Chua to modify the system by introducing a memristor.
But this only increases the chaotic oscillations.
Do you have any idea what Chua system may be used in engineering?
They write books for use in engineering, in very general terms such as, for example - electrochemistry, telecommunications but without specifics.
Adam

Re: the application of memristor engineering

Postby mbharat_test » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Adam wrote:How to make the position of experimental testing memristor, how to make sense of the practical application?
I've already tested the oscillator - Chua in Matlab/Simulink.
I read that in most books write about Chua system as a generator of chaos, but do not write too much about destiny in engineering.
I read about Chua to modify the system by introducing a memristor.
But this only increases the chaotic oscillations.
Do you have any idea what Chua system may be used in engineering?
They write books for use in engineering, in very general terms such as, for example - electrochemistry, telecommunications but without specifics.

Adam:

1. As far as practical applications of memristors are concerned, they are still areas of research. The reasoning can be quite a few pages but simply put: memristors are truly nonlinear devices (unlike the other three fundamental circuit elements) AND the electromagnetic field theoretic formulation of a memristor is missing (and hence the very important connection between physics and circuit theory).
2. As far as applications of Chua's system, the question is basically: "what are the applications of chaos in engineering"? People are still looking for the answer. The main reason (in my opinion) that chaos is still an area of research is because of a fundamental lack of (or interest in) understanding nonlinear dynamics. A very important application (again, in my opinion) is in turbulent dynamics. But that involves understanding the Navier-Stokes equation and in turn, partial differential equations. Way beyond my areas of expertise.
Dr. Bharathwaj Muthuswamy
Software Engineer
Tarana Wireless
mbharat_test

Return to Applications